Relax! You can still opt to go through the Clearing process in 2021 to find the ideal college course for you. Every year, thousands of students find their ideal undergraduate and foundation degrees through the Clearing process, and you are sure to find yours as well!
The London College of Contemporary Arts (LCCA) offers a wide range of courses in fashion, design and creative business that can allow you to pursue an exciting career in the creative industry. The programmes are accredited by the University for the Creative Arts, a Gold Standard institution under the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) and the highest placed specialist creative university in The Guardian’s 2021 University League Table
The UCAS Clearing 2021 opened on 5th July and will run until 19th October. Here is a handy list of Clearing tips to ensure you receive an acceptance from a university of your choice.
What to DO while going through Clearing?
Here’s what you should do during Clearing.
- Start calling the universities early: The A level results day is on Tuesday, 10 August 2021. However, Clearing teams of universities would be mostly occupied on results day, and courses would be filled in the blink of an eye. Therefore, you should start calling your preferred universities as soon as you see your spot in Clearing. This way, you can increase your chances of securing admission in your chosen subject and college.
- Be persistent in calling: You might face a few rejections during Clearing, and that’s okay. It’s important to remember to be calm and keep calling. Your persistence will eventually pay off and help you find your perfect course. It also pays off to be assertive and think of the phone calls as interviews.
- Market yourself well: Think beforehand about what you want to say about yourself during a phone call. Being confident of your abilities and skills can help you secure a spot even if your results aren’t satisfactory. Highlight the things you’re passionate about in your preferred course and the qualities that make you a perfect candidate. You can write all these points down as a rough script and keep that handy during the call. Additionally, creating an impressive portfolio will give you the chance to show prospective universities your work and give an idea of your current skill set and capabilities.
- Keep an open mind: If you haven’t received an acceptance from your preferred university, you should be open about exploring other options. Don’t be put off by a new course or university before researching them extensively. This can even help you match with a great option that you might not have been aware of before!
What NOT TO DO during the Clearing process?
Here is a list of things not to do during Clearing season.
- Don’t make a rash decision: The whole purpose of Clearing is to ensure that you are matched with the right course so that you can enjoy your studies and do well in your career. That’s why you should take your time to decide before you add your clearing choice. It can pay off to explore different course options and universities before you make a final decision.
- Don’t give up too early: The Clearing process can seem a bit overwhelming, especially if you have received quite a few rejections early on. But it is important to remember that there are tonnes of other options to go through. Keep calling different universities and have a list of your top skills handy during the calls instead of throwing in the towel.
- Don’t panic if you haven’t got a confirmation yet: Panicking about not receiving any acceptance during Clearing won’t get you anywhere. Instead, keep calm and search for other appropriate courses or universities. If hundreds of students can get admissions into courses of their choice at the end of Clearing each year, so can you.
- Don’t line up other commitments during that time: Clearing can determine your future academic prospects and career. Therefore, it makes sense to give it all your time and focus. Having other commitments during this time can cause you to lose out on a potentially great programme or university.
Being organised and prepared for Clearing can take away a lot of unnecessary stress and deliberation from the process. It can also allow you to take a well-deserved summer break and come back recharged for your college life.
LCCA is committed to guiding students through Clearing 2021. You can contact us on our dedicated Clearing hotline at +44 (0)20 3435 4642. Our team of friendly Clearing specialists can guide you through the process or clear any queries you may have about Clearing.
Click here to know more about the LCCA Clearing process, you can check out our list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), Fast Track, Adjustment and Finance & Funding