When you apply to study at LCCA, we know you’ll want to show us just how talented you are. So here are our top tips for impressing us with your interview and portfolio.
- Familiarity with the course you’re applying for and an appropriately prepared portfolio. We’re looking to see if you have a keen interest and talent in your chosen subject. To find out more about your course, visit its course page.
- Experimentation and variation in your portfolio; we want to know you can work in different ways with a variety of media.
- Commitment to your projects. We want to see you can follow an idea through to the end.
- Passion for your speciality.
- Ambition - we like to see people who go beyond the brief and produce their own work.
- Good knowledge of your chosen subject. We like to see some form of industry awareness. Have you been to any events, exhibitions or talks relevant to your subject?
<<Download Portfolio Guide>>
What we are looking for?
- Focus. Know the course you're applying for and aim the contents of your portfolio accordingly. We want to see you have a keen interest and ability for the subject. If you find out more about your specific course to tailor your portfolio, go to the course page.
- Experimentation. Don't keep everything the same; we want to see whether you can work in a variety of media, using different methods.
- Commitment. Show us that you can come up with a good idea and develop it into a final concept.
- Passion. If you're excited and enthusiastic about your work, there's a better chance that we will be too.
- Ambition. To make it in digital industry, you have to be ambitious. So go beyond the brief and produce your own work.
- Industry awareness. We want to know you're going to exhibitions and events and who's inspiring you within your industry.