It is incredibly important to make a good impression at your interview. Here is everything you need to know about your LCCA interview:
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Familiarity with the course you’re applying for and an appropriately prepared portfolio. We’re looking to see if you have a keen interest and talent in your chosen subject. To find out more about your course, visit its course page.
- Experimentation and variation in your portfolio; we want to know you can work in different ways with a variety of media.
- Commitment to your projects. We want to see you can follow an idea through to the end.
- Passion for your speciality.
- Ambition - we like to see people who go beyond the brief and produce their own work.
- Good knowledge of your chosen subject. We like to see some form of industry awareness. Have you been to any events, exhibitions or talks relevant to your subject?
HOW DO I PREPARE?
- We'll expect you to talk about your work. Be able to analyse and identify its strengths and weaknesses.
- Brush up on your knowledge of LCCA and the industry you're interested in.
- Research the course you're applying for. A good way to do this is to come to an open day.
- Be able to show that you're a team player and that you can manage time efficiently.
- Practice at home. Make sure you can say three things about every piece of work in your portfolio that aren't obvious just by looking at them.
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
- Arrive on time and report to the main reception.
- Your interview will take around 20 to 30 minutes, but you should expect to remain on campus for up to two hours.
- You will be interviewed by at least two people, including a member of the course staff.
- You may have to participate in a group interview.