Save 15% if you book 1 or more CPD modules and up to £300 if you book all 9.
The ability to visualize creative ideas is fundamental to the design process. We engage our visualizing faculty both to communicate our ideas to others and to interrogate and develop our own ideas. This module helps students develop practical and conceptual skills involved in visual thinking, visual research and visual communication, along with practical approaches to the development of ideas in response to a brief.
WHO IS THIS VISUAL COMMUNICATION COURSE FOR?
Our visual communication course is aimed for creative individuals looking to learn specific techniques or a professional in search of skills to boost their CV. This course also provides a strong understanding of the principals of visual language, boosting the learner confidence in decision making and helping to develop their eye for design.
WHY TAKE THIS COURSE?
This course is designed to keep up with the rapid pace of the creative sector, developing not only your skills and knowledge, but giving you room to specialise in what interests you. This visual communication course provides an understanding of the principles of different areas of digital graphic design industry and theories and strategies used in contemporary digital media, boosting the learner confidence in understanding the industry and helping to develop their eye for design and successful marketing and promotion tactics.
WHAT WILL I EXPERIENCE?
This module is designed to make you think, respond and produce dynamic creative work. You will develop an in-depth conceptual and technical knowledge of graphics and advertising, looking at projects and portfolio production. You will have the opportunity to communicate ideas and concepts related to personal, corporate and commercial environments, also clients, audience and individuals. Identify presentation formats such as size, form, shape and surface. Explore the use of drawing components based on the formal elements used in the design field: line, form, tone, texture, colour, contour and a range of different presentation formats.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
- Understand the significance of visual representations of design for purposes of visual communication and development of ideas;
- Learn to communicate clearly and accurately, verbally and using appropriate visual language;
- Undertake visual and subject-specific research, investigating the graphic presentation of design pieces;
- Understand the professional relationship between client and designer, and demonstrate the ability to plan and carry out research and development in responding to a brief, using the appropriate media;
- Explore a range of approaches to the generation and investigation of ideas/processes in the development of solutions to set problems;
- Demonstrate skills of critical awareness, communication, group work and self-reflection in response to your own work and that of others.
WHAT OUR STUDENTS SAY
"My classmates are all from different cultures and backgrounds from all around the world, so it also helps me to learn more about others."
HND Fashion & Textiles
"By supporting exhibitions and photography guest speaker events LCCA does a great job. I hope students will realise this great opportunity and make the most of it."
"Getting to know the various drawing techniques from Mark Shaw was exciting and very interesting. One of my favourite memories at LCCA was a cubism drawing session with a still life which was rotating."
Joshep Richard Bagnall
Foundation in Art & Design
CHOOSE FROM THE FOLLOWING RELATED GRAPHIC DESIGN CPD COURSES
Our courses not only help you to broaden your range of transferable skills but also aids in gaining a more advanced know-how in the subject. You have the option to choose all the 9 modules in Digital Graphic Design or select individual modules where you need to develop your professional knowledge, (enquire for more details):