WHAT YOU WILL STUDY?
Comprehensive introduction to art and design subject areas through studio workshops, seminars and lectures. Students will follow a programme of drawing, exploratory, mixed media to develop practical skills and research methods. Exploratory and pathway units will be consolidated to propose and implement a personal Final Major Project.
Previous foundation students have progressed to do a BA (Hons) degree, or on one occasion a BSc and a couple of MA’s. The following are some progression degree subjects: architecture, painting, sculpture, fine art, product design (rather than 3D design) curating, digital arts, film, and loose visual communication.
Foundation students have gone on to study at a wide range of top UK universities, both in and outside of London, including:
- UAL (including Central St Martins, London College of Fashion, Camberwell, London College of Communication, Chelsea and Wimbledon)
- Goldsmiths University
- Edinburgh College of Art
- Kingston University
- Arts University Bournemouth
- University of Lincoln
- Leeds College of Art
- Manchester Metropolitan University
- Ravensbourne University London
- Kingston University London
Students have taken places in European universities in Berlin and Amsterdam.