CAREERS AT LCCA
Our staff members are integral to our reputation and our students' college experience. We provide activities and development opportunities to ensure you excel in your role and enjoy your time working with us. We believe our vibrant and attractive campus environment, development opportunities, and campus activities, provide a great place to work and nurture a desired work/life balance.
Head of Visual Media
As Head of Visual Media, you will be a motivated individual who understands the value of good communications, management and the development of best practices in learning and teaching. You will have relevant experience of developing and managing programmes at undergraduate and postgraduate levels with the ability to lead and direct the Visual Media Department.
You will oversee the quality of the teaching on all programmes within the School, and will work with teams to build best practices and to support high rates of student achievement. You will also seek to involve external stakeholders in support and enhancing curriculum development and delivery, and work collaboratively with partner institutions to develop and enhance the curriculum.
You will have a relevant research profile, professional achievements and proven expertise in the practical aspects of the subjects and excellent industry connections. Development of new curriculum in Visual Media is a key area of work.
The role involves taking responsibility for the management, strategic direction and performance of the portfolio of Visual Media programmes at LCCA. You would be expected to partake in implementing a clear vision for the future of the department, which commands the support of both academic and professional staff, while on a day-to-day level showing leadership, directing the operations, development and growth of the department and taking charge of its overall well-being.
KEY ACTIVITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leading and managing the Visual Media portfolio of courses including MA in Media Communications, BA in Graphic Design, BA in Graphic Design and Visual Communication, HNC/D Computer Games Animation, HNC/D in Graphic Design, HNC/D in Photography and Foundation Diploma in Art and Design, and undertaking the accompanying roles and committee memberships.
- Providing academic leadership within LCCA in relation to the ongoing developments of its taught curricula at HND, undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Working with external partner on the development of new curriculum especially Foundation Degrees, Top-Up Degrees and new Bachelors provision to meet industry demands and promote employability of graduates.
- Promoting LCCA courses in the area relevant to the duties and responsibilities of the post and further developing and maintain educational and industrial links associated with these courses, including those necessary for provision of student projects.
- Overseeing the implementation of quality assurance and enhancement activities across the Department.
Leadership & Management
- Providing leadership for recruitment to taught courses and for the Department’s work with Marketing and Student Recruitment and LCCA Partnerships.
- Engaging in research, development and/or scholarly activity as appropriate, which may include participation in institutional and collaborative research and/or involvement with external institutions and commercial organisations.
- Collaborating with members of the business community to improve programs, to develop new programs, and to provide student access to learning opportunities such as guest lectures and internships.
- Advising the Academic Director and Executive Dean of LCCA on resource and personnel issues, and work allocations in relation to delivery of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
- Ensuring that LCCA Health and Safety Policy and guidelines are adhered to.
- Promoting Equality and Diversity for staff and students.
- Taking individual and collective professional responsibility for furthering the organisation’s mission and securing its vision.
- Undertaking any other duties commensurate with the role and/or as allocated by the Executive Dean and Managing Director of LCCA.
Education and Qualification
- A postgraduate degree in a relevant discipline, or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 5 years teaching and curriculum management experience.
|Salary:||Available on request|
|Hours:||3 to 4 days a week|
|Closing Date:||13th October 2017|
If you have the right skills and are interested, please send your CV and cover letter
Please note that you will require an academic reference, if selected.