"By supporting exhibitions and photography guest speaker events LCCA does a great job. I hope students will realise this great opportunity and make the most of it."
The HNC in Creative Media Production (Computer Game Design) is designed to provide specialist work-related qualifications in a range of sectors. This course will give learners the knowledge, understanding and skills that they need to prepare them for employment. The HNC in Creative Media Production (Computer Game Animation) also provides career development opportunities within the industry.
On successful completion of our HNC in Creative Media Production (Computer Game Animation) qualification, you can progress into or within employment and/or continue your study in the same vocational area.
|KEY COURSE INFORMATION|
UK/EU £6,000 (funding: SFE)
The following course related fees are included within the tuition fee:
The following course related costs are not included in the fees:
WHO IS THIS PROGRAMME FOR
Our HNC in Creative Media Production (Computer Game Animation) prepares learners for employment in the commercial fields of Computer Game Animation and will be suitable for learners who have already decided that they wish to enter this area of work. Some adult learners may wish to make the commitment required by this qualification in order to enter a specialist area of employment or progress into higher education.
WHY TAKE THIS COURSE
This course provides education and training in the theory and practice of Computer Game Animation as required for careers in computer games design, computer games development, 3D Design, and 2D & 3D computer animation. Learners will develop a range of skills and techniques, and focus on the development of higher-level skills in Computer Game Animation context.
WHAT WILL I EXPERIENCE
The opportunity to select specialist pathway options reflecting students’ career development analysis Opportunities to study within a cross-disciplinary environment designed to promote student interaction and shared learning. There are opportunities to work on live client briefs as part of credit-bearing learning units. Industry guest speakers are encouraged to participate in class sessions as appropriate. Activities are encouraged that enhance learning and teaching such as museum visits, exhibitions, tours of studios, facilities houses, etc.
· Understand the institutional context of creative media production and its influence on production
· Develop and implement a personal project within agreed procedures and to specifications
· Present and justify planned proposals for investigations into creative media
· Use 2D graphics software tools for computer game animation
· Able to prepare for seeking employment in the computer games industry
· Be able to create and review career-oriented portfolios of own concept art drawing work
· Create digital graphics for computer games following industry practice
· Produce playable mods based on gameplay genres using 3D game engines
· Plan and create 3D animated characters for computer games
You can progress to the HND Diploma in Computer Game Design (Top-Up) (Pearson) at Walsall College or to the second year of an honours degree, depending on the match of the HNC units to the degree course in question. Employment or self employment.
Joshep Richard Bagnall
Foundation in Art & Design
Please fill in the following form and we will contact you as soon as possible.