Duration: Ten Weeks, Tuesdays 18:30 to 21:30
Intakes Dates: Oct, Jan, Mar, May
Duration: Three Weeks, Mon - Fri, 10:00 to 15:00
Intakes Dates: Jun, Jul, Aug
This course acts as a comprehensive and practical introduction to the career of a professional Stylist. Its perfect for candidates at the beginning of their career wishing to gain an understanding of the role, its contribution to the industry as a whole, and its potential income streams.
By choosing to study this short course at LCCA you will be equipped with a crucial understanding of the creative process and the organisational structure of an editorial production, enabling you to plan and organize your own shoots for editorial.
The course will culminate with students working on a live shoot with a professional team to produce material for their portfolio, which will prepare their portfolio for development.
- Understanding of the role
- Body Types, and approaches to styling
- How the role co-ordinates with the rest of the fashion industry
- Working with PR agencies, and Designer Press Offices
- Assisting a Designer – Designer Speaker
- Creating moodboards for Editorial
- The role of the Hair Makeup team on Styling- Professional Speakers
- Planning a shoot
- Live editorial shoot with Professional Photographer, model and team
- How to lay out a fashion story, with credits
- How to market yourself