The ability to visualize creative ideas is fundamental to the design process. We engage our visualizing faculty both to communicate our ideas to others and to interrogate and develop our own ideas. This module helps students develop practical and conceptual skills involved in visual thinking, visual research and visual communication, along with practical approaches to the development of ideas in response to a brief.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
Our course is aimed for creative individuals looking to learn specific techniques or a professional in search of skills to boost their CV. This course also provides a strong understanding of the principals of visual language, boosting the learner confidence in decision making and helping to develop their eye for design.
WHY TAKE THIS COURSE?
This course is designed to keep up with the rapid pace of the creative sector, developing not only your skills and knowledge, but giving you room to specialise in what interests you. This course provides an understanding of the principles of different areas of digital graphic design industry and theories and strategies used in contemporary digital media, boosting the learner confidence in understanding the industry and helping to develop their eye for design and successful marketing and promotion tactics.
WHAT WILL I EXPERIENCE?
This module is designed to make you think, respond and produce dynamic creative work. You will develop an in-depth conceptual and technical knowledge of graphics and advertising, looking at projects and portfolio production. You will have the opportunity to communicate ideas and concepts related to personal, corporate and commercial environments, also clients, audience and individuals. Identify presentation formats such as size, form, shape and surface. Explore the use of drawing components based on the formal elements used in the design field: line, form, tone, texture, colour, contour and a range of different presentation formats.
The ability to create modern, functional page layouts is highly valued by many different types of businesses these days, as well as design companies. It is also important to be able to produce accurately printed documents to a professional standard. By the end of the course you will be able to use software to its full creative potential for a variety of different outputs.
- Understand the significance of visual representations of design for purposes of communication and development of ideas;
- Learn to communicate clearly and accurately, verbally and using appropriate visual language;
- Undertake visual and subject-specific research, investigating the graphic presentation of design pieces;
- Understand the professional relationship between client and designer, and demonstrate the ability to plan and carry out research and development in responding to a brief, using the appropriate media;
- Explore a range of approaches to the generation and investigation of ideas/processes in the development of solutions to set problems;
- Demonstrate skills of critical awareness, communication, group work and self-reflection in response to your own work and that of others.