This module will encourage learners to develop their own specialist creative concerns within the field of Illustration in response to selected/negotiated briefs and an increasingly independent approach to workshop and studio activities. The module will also provide the opportunity to explore self-determined areas of focus appropriate specialist professional practices including publishing, editorial, character, product, packaging and promotion across print and screen based delivery.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
Our course is aimed for creative individuals looking to learn specific techniques or a professional in search of skills to boost their CV. This course also provides a strong understanding of the principals of visual language, boosting the learner confidence in decision making and helping to develop their eye for design.
WHY TAKE THIS COURSE?
Through studio-based experimentation, exploration and continual practice, you will develop an individual expression, methods and creative strategies to solve problems visually. You will develop creative strategies through contemporary live projects, events and exhibitions. This course is designed to keep up with the rapid pace of the creative sector, developing not only your skills and knowledge, but giving you room to specialize in what interests you. This course provides an understanding of the principles of different areas of digital graphic design industry and theories and strategies used in contemporary digital media, boosting the learner confidence in understanding the industry and helping to develop their eye for design and successful marketing and promotion tactics.
WHAT WILL I EXPERIENCE?
You will gain a significant understanding of drawing, as well as developing your illustrative skills through traditionally craft-based practice and modern technology. You will study a range of areas, including publishing, illustration, visual communication and many other design contexts. The learner will be encouraged to identify, establish and explore the professional, social and creative context of their work in relation to broader areas of Graphic Design and the creative industries.
The most engaging and memorable illustrations come from people with a daring, clear approach. With our Illustration module you will learn how to create images that will stand out with a unique style impressed by you. Through the illustration module you will be encouraged to discover and develop your own illustrative technique. This unique technique will aid you attract the attention of clients as well as forging your own audience.
- Identify, explore and develop areas of practical, technical and conceptual research in order to produce a body of creatively/professionally relevant work.
- Develop specialist knowledge of individual creative concerns and independent approaches to the investigation of Illustration through self-determined solutions to negotiated briefs.
- Develop a practical, theoretical and conceptual understanding of illustration and its effective application to individually identified design problems.
- Embed an awareness of the social, cultural, ethical and commercial roles of illustration and their relationship to an increasingly individual creative practice.
- Develop professional level presentation/communication skills through the selection and use of appropriate content and media