About the company
Crowned Independent Footwear Retailer at the Drapers Footwear & Accessories Awards 2014, TOWER London, which was founded in 1980 by managing director Harry Demopoulos, began life in 1980 as Silver Shoes before becoming Tower Boots then finally TOWER London.
A trailblazer on London’s independent footwear retailer scene, TOWER London is fast becoming THE go-to destination for footwear and accessories for men, women and children from the likes of Converse, Vans, Timberland, Dr. Martens, Kickers, Lacoste and Hunter.
Adding to its portfolio of two stores, TOWER London opened the doors to its third shop at the beginning of April 2014. Signalling the beginning of a new phase for TOWER, the latest store features a bespoke interior and unique detailing including tailor-made LED screens and a community wall. A flagship store in Shoreditch will follow in 2015.
Why work for Tower London?
When you join TOWER London, you’re joining an exciting business that’s built on strong family values. As a family-owned business, for three generations Tower London has applied these values, supporting their people while giving them the freedom to innovate and become the best they can be in their work.
Do I need experience? Well…Tower London is only looking for the best people. Previous experience is not essential but you do need to be dynamic, hardworking, fashion conscious and passionate about footwear, lifestyle and TOWER London’s world.
What you will learn?
Highlights as agreed with the Head of Ecommerce and Management at TOWER London include:
• How to use Magento, Linnworks and Cybertill to manage inventory on a multi-channel retail platform
• How to list new products for the website
• How to create photography and banners and other creative assets at TOWER London
• How to visually merchandise products on line and in stores
• How the buying team segments and buys product each season and TOWER London’s price mark-down strategy that we use
• How to research and analyse our competition in the market and produce comparison reports for management
• How to create a long term social media plan and marketing calendar
• How to build relationships with our online community by maintaining Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and other media accounts
• How to track social media analytics using HootSuite and other software, and report results and new ideas to our marketing team
• Get involved with TOWER London’s media – the blog and printed magazine
• Create compelling content that will be shared by influencers
• Creative feedback and viral loops between our Facebook Page, twitter, and blog accounts
What is required?
• Strong communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Suite Office and Excel
• Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments
• Creative and Flexible
• Familiarity with social networking sites desired, but we will also train
• Interested in the issues equal access to learning resources and generally socially conscious individual
Tower London values all of their interns and go the extra mile to make sure you receive a learning experience that fits your career goals. You will also experience how to work in a professional environment and have ample opportunity to network with the team and other professionals in the footwear, retail and marketing fields.
What is expected from you during the internship?
To sum up, assist the team at head office with completing tasks and projects to help the company achieve the targets and growth whilst delivering a great customer experience along the way.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com