Job Title: Programme Leader in Performing Arts
Location/Campus: Central London
Salary: Dependent upon Experience
The London College of Contemporary Arts (LCCA) was founded on the principle vision of providing artists with the skills and technical-knowledge necessary to launch a rewarding and successful career. The programmes are intended to provide not only the space for you to develop and flex your creative muscles but also to bridge the gap between education and employment. LCCA's courses are specifically designed to be work-focused and to equip students with all the essential skills and experience desired by potential employers.
We are currently seeking a Programme Leader in Performing Arts to join our academic team. As Programme Leader, you will be dynamic and highly motivated, possess a natural flair for teaching as well as have experience of developing and managing programmes at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
You will be able to demonstrate key success and achievements in previous positions, with particular expertise within the performing arts family. Particular emphasis and experience in acting techniques, performance and movement, use of technology in contemporary performing practice and production, make-up exploration, character, costume and set design are essential.
In your leadership role you will create and write curriculum at course level, devise strategy, adding value and quality to programme development and delivery as well as enhancing the culture of research in your subject area.
Key Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Communicate effectively with students, staff and external agencies to enhance learning opportunities
- Manage programme delivery, course structure, assessment and marking schemes
- Prepare, teach, mark and provide feedback on students' work
- Develop teaching materials that will maximise the students experience
- Masters level qualification is essential
- A relevant high-level professional qualification is desirable, along with PGCE or equivalent teaching qualification or membership of the HEA
- Demonstrable track record of success in previous Programme Leader position
- Excellent knowledge of performing arts as outlined above
What we can offer you
As an expanding institution we can offer the right applicant excellent career development opportunities. With teaching sites in London, Manchester and Birmingham as well as a strong International presence the potential to grow is definitely open to the right person. We offer a busy but fun working environment, on-going training and development for all of our staff, as well as competitive salaries and bonus schemes.
Please send an up to date copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Candidates must have the right to work in the UK. Only applicants shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
LCCA is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religion or belief